Primary Goal: Get organized and make strategic decisions with their money to make sure their nest egg can support them when they choose to retire.
David and Anne are always on the go. They have built careers they love and as they've worked hard to excel in their professional lives, they see themselves continuing to work in some capacity forever.
They’ve also worked hard on their financial goals. In fact, they're the type of people that appear to be "all-set" with everything and do a lot of things right.
They both have great incomes, they continue to max out their retirement plans at work, they consistently contribute to other investment accounts, they have a small mortgage that can be paid off at any time, and they've always been smart about protecting themselves with the right types of insurance.
So what's the problem?
Well, David and Anne have been checking all the boxes they know that they should be checking... but they're not sure if they're missing anything. They want the confidence in knowing that they're optimizing everything they're doing, so that retirement is possible in whatever capacity they desire. They don't want financial limitations to be the reason they can't do what they want, when they want it.
David and Anne knew they needed advice, but didn't know where to begin. They're both smart and self-aware, which is one of the reasons they decided to reach out to a professional when they faced a feeling of uncertainty in their financial planning.
Plus, they're incredibly busy with careers and lives that keep them happy and engaged. They didn't want to get bogged down in trying to figure everything out on their own.
We knew we'd need to focus in on a few key things to give David and Anne the answers, clarity, and confidence they wanted. We set out to:
- Consolidate and optimize their investment accounts
- Implement strategies to reduce their tax burden
- Construct a retirement plan that allows them the flexibility to retire on their terms, without the fear of running out of money
- Maximize their insurance policies and estate plan so that they could continue to impact lives positively even after they pass away
When David and Anne initially contacted us, they wanted to know whether or not they were on the right track to have the freedom to choose to live the life they wanted in retirement. They knew they'd done good things financially up to this point, but they wanted to do the best things.
After we began working together on their financial plan and investment strategy, we were able to:
- Provide a tailored investment approach backed by decades of research
- Reduce their investment fees significantly and improve their overall asset allocation
- Utilize a creative IRA funding strategy to create long-term tax efficiencies
- Develop a financial plan with a high probability of success that they would never run out of money
We also gave David and Anne access to industry-leading technology that allows them to see their plan in real time, giving them clarity around all aspects of their financial life. With the ability to understand and see everything at a glance, their situation felt much more within their control.
David and Anne now enjoy the peace of mind that comes from the financial plan they have for their money. They have more energy and mental bandwidth to dedicate toward the careers they love so much, knowing they can retire when - and if - they want to.